Who We Are
We are an award-winning, full-service landscape and design firm located in Northwestern Connecticut serving residential and commercial clients since 1990, and we’re currently seeking a Landscape Consultant to join our team. If you are highly-motivated, dynamic, and results-driven, we would love to hear from you!
The Landscape Consultant is an integral member of our team, serving as a client liaison between YardScapes and new and existing accounts and in turn supporting the Operations Team to achieve high-quality, sustainable landscaping solutions for our clients. As a Landscape Consultant, you will be responsible for achieving revenue, profitability, and contract renewal goals by providing outstanding service as well as through building and maintaining strong client relationships. In this role, you will manage our existing landscape maintenance portfolio of accounts, perform new sales activity, maintain high customer retention rates, and ensure that clients’ needs are met and that the company achieves its growth targets each year.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships with current accounts and proactively grow your customer base through new leads, referrals, and other channels.
- Act as direct liaison between client and Operations Team to ensure exceptional organizational management, leadership, and communication of client’s expectations and deliverables.
- Identify job site priorities and/or coordination of job site schedules.
- Perform regular property quality audits to provide enhancement and/or maintenance opportunities to the client and to provide feedback to the Operations Team on quality of work on properties to ensure that quality and service expectations are met.
- Create client proposals, contracts, and recommendations that achieve targeted revenue and gross profit goals.
- Develop accurate estimates and takeoffs for both new and existing clients as needed.
- Proactively present landscape enhancement ideas and proposals to existing customers.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to sell additional services.
- Assist in the company’s growth through sales, networking, and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales and Production teams to ensure profitability goals are in alignment with subcontracted services, materials, equipment, projects, labor management, and more.
- Liaise with Administrators to ensure the database is consistently updated with current client information and to assist with the collection of client accounts receivables as needed.
- Provide assistance with managing crew members as needed, including performance management, addressing complaints, and planning, assigning, or directing workload, which could include working in the field with the crews from time to time as well.
- Assist in ordering material and supplies for projects in a timely fashion.
What We’re Looking For
- Accredited Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred in a business-related field or equivalent experience in the landscape industry.
- 3 – 5+ years experience in a residential Account Management role
- Previous landscape industry Account Management or landscape industry-specific sales experience required
- 5+years experience working in residential landscaping
- Demonstrated experience in client relationship management and in maintaining a solid book of accounts
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience using industry-specific customer management software (knowledge of Aspire CRM a strong plus)
- Green industry experience required
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive base salary and commission
- Professional development and training
- Medical coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental) with company contribution
- Company vehicle provided for appointments and site visits
- Monthly company-sponsored outings and events
- Recognition for hard work, dedication, and professionalism through various programs, promotions, bonuses, and pay increases
- An outstanding, community-oriented company culture
- A company tipi at our World Headquarters. Need we say more?
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year