“Live in each season, as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink,
taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”
RECYCLE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE
- Place outside as a shelter for wildlife
- Decorate your outside tree with seeds, nuts, and berries for the birds
- Cut the trunk for natural edging
- Turn it into compost or mulch
- Firewood for your OUTDOOR firepit
- (the ashes are beneficial to your compost)
- Contact your local recycling center to ask if they accept trees (NM does not)
- Some farms with goats want your trees!
- Sink it in your private pond to create a habitat for fish.
New Milford Residents:
NO! IT’S NOT TOO EARLY!
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE