“Help us keep a well-oiled machine behind the scenes”
- Do you find satisfaction in delivering amazing client service day-in and day-out?
- Do you enjoy creating and following administrative and financial procedures to complete tasks on time and on budget?
- Are you looking for a position in a professional and fast-growing service industry company?
If so, you might be perfect for our growing New Milford, CT-based company.
Our Administrative Assistant must have excellent customer service, communication and people skills, with the focus on client service. System-based, process-oriented thinking is a key to success.
Our Administrative Assistant must have excellent communication and people skills with a focus on client service. System-based, process-oriented thinking is a key to success. You must be able or willing to:
- Learn about the services of YardScapes to allow for general client questions to be answered correctly and quickly.
- Answer phones, field or direct calls, and take messages for both routine and non-routine questions while assuring phones are always answered.
- Help clients with: account questions, payments, billing, or any other inquiries via phone and email.
- Process requests for information via phone, mail, and email.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and send outgoing packages as needed.
- Enter and update any new client data to keep database current and accurate.
- Organize, keep inventory of, and reorder office supplies and company literature when necessary.
- Track progress of leads and issues and follow up with the Landscape Consultant to assure timely responses.
- Execute invoicing and assist with collections when necessary.
- Process credit cards and checks.
- Help coordinate monthly employee team building outings and help manage annual charity event.
- Attend any after hours networking events as needed.
- Assist during significant weather events (winter snow and ice or damaging summer storms) by managing phone and emails which could result in hours outside the normal workday.
- Provide administrative assistance to the owner as needed with a variety of business or personal tasks
- Demonstrate typing of 45 wpm.
- Exhibit excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be insurable on the company insurance policies.
- Display a positive “can do” attitude and work well as a member of a team
YardScapes, Inc. is searching for someone who:
- Is detail-oriented, organized, flexible, dependable, and a team player
- Is highly energetic, punctual, a self-starter, and has a dynamic personality
- Thrives being part of a team of professionals
- Helps continue to foster respect in the community for our company
If you have stellar administrative skills, enjoy working in a small office environment and have knowledge of the landscape business or a related field, this is an opportunity to work with a respected and continually growing company!
Job Type: Full or Part time
Full-time Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with ability to stay late if necessary
Part-time Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (flexible for the right candidate)
Salary: Pay based on experience; starting at $19 per hour. YardScapes also offers several great benefits for full-time employees including holidays, vacation, health and dental insurance, and a simple retirement plan with a 3% match!
- High School Diploma
- Administrative experience: 3+ years
- Advanced skills in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and OUTLOOK
- Excellent data entry and customer service skills
- Light knowledge of accounting practices and experience with QuickBooks
- Marketing and sales experience
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Meticulous about ensuring that data and tasks are completed on time and accurately
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and re-prioritize when necessary
- English – fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
- Spanish is a plus but not required
- Associate’s Degree