Approximately 30 MILLION real Christmas trees are discarded every year. There are many ways you can repurpose or recycle your tree but before you do, make sure all decorations and tinsel are removed first!
- Place outside for wildlife to use as a shelter during the coldest months. You can either lay it on the ground or keep it in its stand. Add a feeder or handmade treats like strung cranberries and popcorn!
- If you have a deep enough pond on your property, you can sink the tree to create a habitat for fish and frogs.
- Cut the stripped trunk into thin slices for sliced wood crafts like natural coasters or use them upright in your garden to edge beds.
- Make the trunk into a Yule log for next season.
- Strip branches of needles for fragrant sachets.
- Cover individual branches in peanut butter, roll them in seed then hang them with string for the birds.
- Chip the tree for mulch or composting.
- See if your town or local scout troop have a tree recycling program.
- Cut and use for outdoor firepit wood. (Do not burn pine indoors!)
- Cut individual boughs and place in perennial beds for added insulation.
- Make a wreath for the remainder of the season.
- Use cut boughs to add some tread on slippery areas of your driveways & walkways.
You must be logged in to post a comment.